Both men and women can be affected by yeast infection. But it is commonly believed that this infection is restricted to women only. It can affect any part of your body such as between toes, underarms etc. In women, this infection is very common in vagina. 'Candida albicans', a fungus found normally in a small amount in a vagina is the root cause of the vaginal yeast infection. 75% of the women suffer from this problem in their life time. Factors like pregnancy, diabetes, use of oral contraceptives, stress, antibiotics, reduced immunity level of body and steroids contribute to yeast infection. After menopause when estrogen level decreases usually the women get infected with this infection.
There are some symptoms of yeast infection generally many women feel it many times in their life time. Such as:
* Urination with burning sensation
* Feeling of pain during intercourse
* Around the vagina burning, itching and swelling of the skin.
* White discharge
* Burning and itching sensation
* Garlic paste applied on the affected part of the body helps to get rid of yeast infection. This home remedy is for non vaginal yeast infection.
* A person should apply warm sesame oil if he or she is suffering from this problem in any part of the body. If anyone is having vaginal yeast infection then she must dip a cotton ball in the sesame oil and insert it in the vagina for whole night. Repeat this process in morning also, until evening.
* If anyone is having yeast infection in any part of the body he or she for long time must not remain in wet clothes. Change your wet dress as soon as possible and dry the affected body parts properly.
* Avoid putting on the tight jeans, tight panties, tight underwear or other acrylic garments which are used as everyday clothes. Always try to put on loose fitting and cotton clothes or panties etc.
* If you are infected by yeast infection then keep yourself away from spray, tampons, deodorant sanitary pads, or any external things which results into irritation.
* To get rid of yeast infection, eat proper diet supplement with lots of fruits.
* Insert a tampon dipped in yogurt in the vagina at least twice a day. It will help in reducing the irritation, itching and the burning sensation. Even after you get relief from this problem continue it for more couple of days.
* Insert the tampon into the vagina after pouring few drops of tea tree oil on it. This is a useful home remedy for yeast infection.