Dandruff is a condition in which scalp is affected and there appears flakes of skin. It is a very common condition but vary in severity that is it may be severe, moderate or mild. Dandruff is a continuous process of renewing the cells of skin. Old ones appear on the scalp when there is a renewal of the skin cells on the scalp.
Skin renewal is faster if anyone is already having the dandruff. Dandruff is more noticeable if the shedding of the dead skin is more. It affects the men more in comparison to women. The condition of the dandruff in which it produces larger greasy flakes is its severe condition which is known as Seborrhoeic dermatitis. Dandruffs can be treated through medication or by home remedies but its reoccurrence is very usual.
There are many symptoms of dandruff such as fall of the flakes from scalp whenever we comb a hair. Itching is a very general symptom and due to itching and scratching the scalp may become red.
Dandruff is the result of wrong foods, constipation, some infectious disease, exposure to cold, general exhaustion and harsh shampoo.
Some home remedies for dandruff are as under -
* To avoid the accumulation of dead cells scalp and hair should be kept clean.
* Scalp should be massaged properly everyday and to improve the circulation brush your hair daily.
* Rub the juice of the snake gourd over the scalp to prevent and cure dandruff.
* Avoid the fruits like banana, stewed, tinned fruits or dried.
* One of the useful home remedies for dandruff is the use of fenugreek seeds. Soak 2-3 spoons of fenugreek seeds overnight in the water make a fine paste of it and apply to your scalp for half an hour.
* Lemon is used by many of us to avoid or cure from dandruff. Apply a piece of lime to your scalp properly and allow it to dry then wash your hair.
* Take half cup of curd and mix two table spoon of green gram powder. Apply this paste over your scalp for at least twice a week. To get rid of dandruff it is a valuable prescription.
* To improve the condition of skin and dandruff a person should take a balanced diet. He or she should emphasis especially on fresh fruits, vegetables and on raw foods.
* Avoid the intake of foods and drinks like-processed and refined food, pickles, strong coffee or tea, sugar, meats and white flour.
* Wash your hair with a spoon full of lime juice. It is a popular and useful home remedy for dandruff. It removes stickiness, and leaves the hair to glow.