Diaper rash occurs due to various skin disorders. At the same time, as the condition gets worse, the child suffers from the diaper dermatitis escorted with bacteria and fungus gets to harm the folds of the skin. The parent comes to know about the rashes, when the thighs, buttocks and the genitals appear to be red or bloated. At times, it happens that the skin is somewhat warmer than the rest of the body. As a whole, the baby feels discomfort and usually cries at the time of changing the diaper. Diaper rash is faced by the new born usually in between seven to eleven months of their life. Generally, the healing of diaper rash takes only few days time. Still some home remedies are provided for healing it rapidly. First of all, the parent must know why a diaper rash occurs. It may be because of redness, itchiness and soreness and in this situation the child may bump into many causes that include -
1. New product: It may be possible that using new products may cause irritation on the skin and rashes may occur. Baby oils, lotions, and talc may also make the skin reddened and swollen.
2. Yeast and bacterial infection: Bacteria or fungus usually assault the folds of the baby's skin, making the thighs and buttocks its key aim. The tenderness makes the bacteria and yeast to endure.
3. Food: When the baby consumes a new type of food, the possibility of rashes increases. The entire alteration normally occurs, when the child has reached the age of five months to one year.
4. Skin Irritation: In the situation, when he baby's soft skin is exposed to feces and urine for a longer period, there is a possibility of developing a diaper rash. A baby that secrets a more amount of bowel movements are more prone to this stage, because feces cause much irritation than urine.
5. Sensitivity of the skin: A baby who is already suffering from eczema or dermatitis has a high risk of developing diaper rashes.
6. Rubbing or scratching: Skin rashes takes place in a child, when scratching or rubbing is done, if the child is wearing a tight fitting diaper or cloth.
There are certain home remedies that are really very effective. Given below are some of them.
Corn starch: It is one of the effective home remedy to heal the diaper rash soon. Corn starch can be sprinkled on the affected area, it helps to cure and alleviate the dry skin.
Baking Soda: It is also a good home remedy for diaper rash. Add a cup of baking soda in the warm water and make the baby bath in that water. This aids in soothing the discomfort caused by diaper rash.
Oatmeal: Add some oatmeal in water, in which the baby would take a bath. When you notice that the baby is enjoying, keep on swishing the water for some time and see that it helps to comfort the baby. It also helps in relieving and healing the condition.