Our body pancreas produces a hormone called Insulin. In diabetes our body is not in a condition to respond to insulin or produces enough insulin. Due to insulin, glucose is absorbed by the cells and converts it into energy. When pancreas do not work properly and insulin produced is not sufficient for the body then it results into potential complications. Although there are many types of diabetes but mainly there are -
Type 1(insulin-dependent): Generally people take insulin injection suffering from type-1 diabetes. This is caused when our body fails to produce insulin.
Type-2 (non insulin-dependent): In this type insulin is not used by cell properly. Initially it is controlled by doing exercise and controlling their diet properly. Some medicines are also necessary for this type of diabetes. Nowadays teens and children also suffer from this type of diabetes.
Gestational diabetes (pregnancy related): In this type of diabetes the level of blood glucose of a pregnant woman is increased. Further this may lead to type-2 diabetes.
Now the treatment for all types of diabetes is possible due to availability of insulin. But total cure of diabetes is just not possible. If diabetes is not controlled properly then it may lead to several complications such as-chronic renal failure, diabetic ketoacidosis, hypoglycemia, cardiovascular disease etc.
Although people feels many of the symptoms of the diabetes but they are unaware of this disease. Main symptoms are frequent urination, excessive thirst, extreme hunger, poor sleep, irritability etc.
Diabetes is naturally cured by:
1. If a person is doing regular exercise it will help him in reducing his blood pressure, weight, blood sugar, bad cholesterol, risk of heart disease and improve circulation, condition of good cholesterol, insulin sensitivity. Shashankasana, a specific asana is helpful in controlling diabetes.
2. Person suffering from diabetic should prefer diabetic diet which contains low simple carbohydrate and high fiber and moderate protein. It will reduce the weight, blood sugar. Insulin level, medicines and health will be improved.
3. Many nutritional supplements are effective in lowering blood glucose, insulin level, cholesterol level, triglyceride level, blood pressure and improve the energy. So it should be taken daily. It is most necessary for diabetic patient to live their life with these supplements. They are -
Cinnamon - It is very helpful in reducing blood glucose for the non insulin dependant. 1-6 gms of cinnamon must be taken regularly.
Alpha Lipoic Acid - For the treatment of diabetes it is the most important and powerful supplement and antioxidants.
The other natural supplements are chromium and vanadium mineral, Banaba leaf, Momordica, Gymnema Sylvestre and Fenugreek.
1. To control diabetes, 90-100 seeds of fenugreek seeds are soaked in water for overnight. Daily in the morning, drink it after mashing and sieving in a cloth at least for 2-3 months.
2. Each tender leaf of bilva and neem if taken regularly helps in reducing the blood sugar. This is an effective home remedy for diabetes.
3. Chapatti of barley and gram flour is beneficial for diabetic.
4. One of the popular home remedies for diabetes is Bittergourd. Take bittergourd of smaller size daily in the early morning after removing the seeds and saturated in a cup of water.
5. A mixture of Indian gooseberry (amla) juice and bitter gourd juice taken regularly for two months enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
There are many things which are beneficial. These are almonds, jamun, soyabean, green plantain, celery, cucumbers, string beans, onion and garlic.