Just saw a girl with a beautiful face, glowing skin and long silky hair on your way to the downtown? The serenity of her face made you stop for a while. And your eyes went to her dirty feet, cracked heals and irregular toe nails. The overall beauty got spoiled. Such mishaps are very common and disastrous for our eyes and senses.
The main reason lies within the fact that we do not care for our feet as much as we care for our face, hands and hair. Hence we make a blunder which is enough to spoil our beauty and elegance. No matter how beautiful your face is, a little attention towards your feet can radically change your overall personality in the positive direction. So let us no more ignore our feet and pamper them with the right attention they deserve to acquire a complete beauty.
The reasons: The reasons behind a cracked foot are mainly dehydration and dirt. From the medical point of view these cracks in our heels are known as fissures. Fissures generally occur in the outer layer of the epidermis and affect mainly the heel and the toe webs. As skin in the feet is dry and hard than the other parts of the body, it easily cracks. Moreover, deficiencies of some chemicals like zinc and omega 3 fatty acid is also responsible for cracked feet. Dry skin disease or xerosis is a main reason of cracked feet. Other than that our negligence towards feet care is also a main cause. Cracked foot is a common complain and is not painful till the fissures reach the deeper layer of dermis. It can be easily avoided by common home remedies. If you are a chronic patient of diabetes or you have a very weak immune system, the treatment may get retarded.
A few handy tips and home remedies to combat with cracked feet
1. Drink plenty of water: As we already know the main reason behind cracked feet is dehydration, we need to hydrate our body as much as possible and eat nutritious food too.
2. Keep it clean: Wash your feet every time you come home from outside and before going to bed. Once a week take alternate hot and cold water foot bath. If possible before going to bed, put a little baking soda in lukewarm water and soak your feet for 10 to 15 minutes. Then scrub it with a pumice stone. This process will help you to exfoliate the dead skin which is very important to keep the feet soft and cleanse it. Make it sure you apply some petroleum jelly after it gets dry and wear a pair of socks to get the best results.
3. Rub a pulp of ripe banana on your feet for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water. See the difference.
4. Mix some lemon juice with petroleum jelly and rub it on your feet. It is really effective.
5. A mixture of glycerin and rose water if applied regularly will give good result.
6. Melt some paraffin and mix it with mustard oil. Apply it on the cracks for 10 days. Wash off in the morning.
7. Rubbing coconut oil also helps in preventing cracked feet.
Taking a little care can make your feet soft and beautiful and add a great value to your appearance.