This pink is not liked at all. It isn't romantic at all. Conjunctivitis is also called as, "pink eye". As love is contagious so is conjunctivitis. It is caused by a virus called, herpes simplex. It is the inflammation of conjunctiva, which, is the clear membrane covering the outer membrane and also the inner part of the eyelids. Lot of pain is experienced. This condition of the eye is not a good sight to see.
Home remedies for conjunctivitis are many. Below are some of the commonly used remedies.
1. Used tea bags are very useful. Cool them and dab them on the eye. This gives comfort to the eye. It reduces inflammation and itchiness.
2. Alums salt is a great savior. Have an eye wash with alum salt. It clears infection.
3. Grate one white potato and put it on the affected eye and see the difference. It reduces inflammation and also works as an astringent.
4. Put some drops of castor oil on your eye. Castor oil can cure conjunctivitis in a day. It cools the eye. It does not hurt at all.
5. One of the popular home remedies for conjunctivitis is rose water. It has a wonderful cooling agent in it. Put some drops of rose water in the eye wash and see the difference.
6. Apple juice is helpful in blepharities infection. Cut the slice in a horizontal manner. Bend the slice and put the juice on the eyelid. Press on the eyelids gently.
7. Chamomile is an excellent remedy and helps in controlling infection.
8. Coriander leaves are also very good. Take out the juice of the coriander and collect it in a bottle. Add just two drops in an affected eye twice in a day.
9. An excellent conjunctivitis remedy, fennel seeds. Take two cups of water and boil fennel seeds for some time. Cool it. This solution can be used for the eyes.
10. A very hit and simple remedy is to apply aloe vera juice to the eyes. It cools the eye. And takes care of further infection.
11. Alum, butter and Indian barberry leaves, mix it in a fine paste and apply the paste on the eyelids overnight. Wash off in the morning. This takes care of redness and pain.
12. Yoghurt is an all time favorite home remedy for conjunctivitis. Apply it on the eyelid and just watch the difference.
13. Avoid junk food. Spicy food is a complete no. Drink lot of juices. Vegetable juice is highly recommended.