Cold sores are very common condition among many people. It is a contagious disease. It is also called herpes simplex. Spotted anywhere, from inside of the nose to the corners of the mouth. You get it on your genitals and also on your arms. They find their comfort anywhere.
Before we discuss the home remedies for cold sores we should first know the preventives.
1. Do not come in physical contact when infected by the virus.
2. Do not exchange clothes.
3. Do not touch the infected area.
4. If at all you happen to touch, wash your hands with an antiseptic.
5. After an attack do not reuse the same clothes and brush.
There are several home remedies for cold sores. In our home we find several such things which have the potential to cure.
1. In your refrigerator there is this amazing thing called ice, apply ice on the bump in regular intervals and see the result.
2. Nail polish remover also helps though it gives a little pain, but a little pain is always better than a painful week.
3. Dab some sunscreen of SPF 15, not less than that to the affected areas.
4. Tea bags, please do not throw them away they can save you from cold sores. Dab a warm tea bag to the affected area or some time. The tannic acid in it works against the virus.
5. Coconut oil when applied to the sores softens it and cures it.
6. Lemon extract balm helps in quick healing.
7. Aloe Vera gel or juice is effective home remedy in curing cold sores.
8. Neem juice or Neem leaves cure cold sores. Drink Neem juice, its very bitter but it helps to cleanse your system and purifies blood.
9. Add some Neem leaves in warm water and have a bath. Neem juice can be applied to the body. This is a common home remedy for cold sores.
10. Alcohol when applied on the sore burns a bit but cures cold sore in short time.
11. Lacto calamine helps to reduce the irritation and also dries up the sore.
12. Apply some common salt to the affected area. The sore will disappear in some days.
There are many remedies like your toothpaste; oil etc but one may suit you but not the other. If these home remedies for cold sores do not give relief in two to three days then you should consult the doctor. Cold sores should be taken seriously.