A cute smile increases your face value. In some of the most critical situations of life, when thousands of words fail to handle your emotion, a passionate smile of someone close to you can make wonders. Chapped lips are the biggest enemy of this rare asset of human being gifted by God. So before the worst hits and your precious smile get restricted by a chapped pair of lips, protect it with a little care and attention, as it is always better to prevent than cure.
Reasons behind chapped lips: There may be several reasons behind chapped lips. Prolonged exposure to dry weather or harsh winter will result your lips get damaged. As it is one of the tenderest parts of our body, a little difference in climate like temperature and humidity can affect its smoothness. Sometimes chapped lips can be a result of excessive sun burn or lip licking or eating very spicy or salty dishes or even kissing outside in a windy weather.
Lack of some vitamins and nutrients like Vitamin B Complex or Omega 3 fatty acids can affect the smoothness of your lips too. Lips can also get chapped as the side effect of any medicine or a thyroid hormone imbalance. If you find it sensitive to a particular brand of lipstick, stop using that brand immediately. Still, after taking every precaution, if you suffer from chapped lips, just be patient and treat yourself with some simple home made remedies which can give you back the smoothness and luster of your lips. Home remedies are most effective and economic for chapped lips. But it's not a magic. So please be consistent!
1. Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated from within. If the body has adequate fluids it will not let the skin or lips get dry easily.
2. Avoid using any alcohol based products, be it a cream, a balm, a lipstick or a moisturizer as they will simply worsen the situation. Try to put mostly edible products on your lips and natural moisturizing elements like honey, butter or cheese.
3. Put some honey on your lips, wait for 2-3 minutes to let it dry then apply a little Vaseline on it and keep it for 5-10 minutes. Dip a cotton ball in lukewarm water and very gently remove the honey.
4. Coconut oil is a wonderful and easy remedy for dry lips. Put a little amount on your lips many times a day specially when the weather is dry and cold.
5. As we are all aware of the amazing healing effect of Aloe vera, put a little amount of Aloe vera gel daily to keep it smooth. This is an effective home remedy for chapped lips.
6. Rub a slice of cucumber, it can give your chapped lips a soothing effect.
7. Apply glycerin mixed with a little honey. It can be a good remedy for your this problem.
8. Gently rub your lips with the cream of milk several times a day. It will help removing the dead cells leaving it soft.
9. One of the common home remedies for chapped lips is rose petals. Soak some rose petals in milk. After some hours make a paste of them and apply gently. It will give you back the smoothness and the color too.
10. Always go in the sun wearing sunscreen on your lips to prevent it from getting dry, dark and patchy.
And as soon as you get rid of your chapped lips do not forget to fill your close people's heart with your god gifted smile.