Acid is produced by our body for the digestion of food. When this acid is produced in excess quantity than required, it gives rise to a problem called acidity. In this condition the gastric glands of the stomach secret the acid in excess quantity. The two symptoms of the acidity are heartburn and gas formation. Though there are lots of causes of acidity, some of them are as under -
* Hyper secretion of acid
* Improper food habits
* Excessive intake of alcohol
* Fatty and oily food
* Improper function of digestive system
* Weakness of the valves
* Pregnancy and obesity
* Not taking meals on time or fasting
Some of the symptoms of the acidity are heartburn, chest pain, bitter taste in mouth, vomiting, nausea, pain or burning sensation in the stomach, loss of appetite etc.
Read more about Acidity Herbal Treatment
Today many people are adopting the home remedies and natural remedies to cure any problem because there is no side effect of it and it is less expensive too. Home remedies are the best and safe option.
1. While eating your dinner take the sip of the solution prepared by mixing 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in half glass of water.
2. Chew half tea spoon of Fennel Seeds after your meal. This is an effective home remedy for acidity.
3. One of the commonly used home remedies for acidity is ginger. One capsules of ginger root should be taken regularly.
4. To get relief within a minutes take a glass of cold milk or eat a cup of vanilla ice cream.
5. Place a piece of jaggery into your mouth and suck it, gradually the acidity will subside.
6. Avoid the consumption of chocolate, pickles, vinegar, hot spicy food and fried foods.
7. Whenever heart starts to burn take 4-5 almonds.
8. Drink water in plenty amount, at least 8-10 glass a day.
9. Gap between the two meals should be minimum to prevent acidity.
10. Take your meals 1-2 hours before going to bed.
11. To prevent the condition of heartburn and acidity, make a habit to eat banana daily. Cucumber, watermelon and banana are having the protective action against the heartburn or acidity.
12. Alcohol and smoking should be avoided.
13. A solution made from cumin seeds and kokum is a useful home remedy for acidity.
14. It is good to take raw garlic after the food.
15. In an empty stomach take the juice of white pumpkin. It is very effective to prevent and cure the acidity.
16. Acidity is kept at bay by taking mint juice before meals.
17. It is also reduced by drinking cold milk.
18. To avoid acidity make a habit to chew cardamom.