Herbal treatments for arthritis have the great advantage of not producing unpleasant side effects like over the counter or prescribed pills often do. The properties of herbs have been used for centuries and some of them amaze us even today. Sometimes the effect they have on our body is similar to the effect of pills.
Since more and more people are suffering of arthritis, there is no wonder that herbal treatments for arthritis are becoming very popular. There are a variety of herbs that are helpful in this disease and you might have to combine them in order to finally get to the remedy that has best results on you.
Here are some common herbal treatments for arthritis that you can put in practice or combine depending on your particular case.
1. Rosemary infusion - Drink a cup of this infusion twice a day, for three weeks. Rosemary contains four anti-inflammatory substances and it its effect is similar with that of steroids and aspirin, only without the potential side-effects.
2. Angelica - It has been used by both Europeans and Chinese for centuries. It has a very powerful anti-inflammatory action.
3. Black cohosh root - Make tea from it and drink one cup daily, half in the morning, half in the evening. The treatment should last for three weeks. Then it should be repeated after one week of pause. This is a remedy that was widely used in the Indian medicine.
4. Celery - It contains and impressive number of 25 anti-inflammatory substances and it is best to be included in the daily diet. It can be consumed either raw or cooked in large quantities. In arthritis tea made of celery seeds is also efficient. It reduces pain fast in case of acute arthritis attack. Make sure you drink around 3 cups a day.
5. Licorice - It is been used by centuries to treat various inflammatory disease. You should take two capsules a day and pay attention to the fact that, if used for a long while, it can elevate your blood pressure.
6. Stinging nettle - Its juice is recommended especially in the early phases of arthritis. You should take one tablespoon of stinging nettle juice three times a day.
7. Ginger - Ginger consumption is reducing both the pain and the inflammation and studies have reported that it doesn't produce any side effects even if it is used for long periods of time. It is also efficient if it is used for compresses on the painful spots.