In order to gain weight, you must consume additional calories each day. There are several tips for easy weight gain. Below mentioned points are the useful tips.
1. Eat after regular intervals. Make sure that you have snacks at least two to four times throughout the day along with meals.
2. Intake food that contain high fiber.
3. Consume healthy fats like olive oil, canola oil, seeds, nuts, peanut butter and avocados. Avoid unsaturated fats.
4. Consume foods that are high in calories and protein such as fish, meat, eggs, veggies, protein supplements, milk, fruits and bananas.
5. Beverages can also help in gaining weight. If possible, drink milk, juices, shakes etc. rather than having water, tea, coffee and diet sodas.
6. Protein helps in building up new muscles, so increase the intake of protein along with carbohydrates and fats.
7. Weight training helps in transferring the additional calories to muscles. One of the best training workouts for muscle building is free weight workout such as dead lifts, bench presses, squats, barbell rows, pull ups and bar dips.
8. It will obviously take some time; say few months, to put on weight. Most of the people get irritated and give up, when they notice no improvement. You must concentrate on the weight gain plan.
9. Most of the people are thin due to their genetics. But a successful weight gain course can aid you to surpass your genetically predestined weight.
10. Make targets that you have to gain at least one kilogram each week. This can be done easily by increasing the meals per day. You must have minimum of six mini meals per day rather than two to three larger meals per day.
11. First you need to know what the options available are. Which foods contain high calorie. You can consume almonds, walnuts, pistachio nuts, cashew nuts, ground nuts, sesame seeds, poppy seeds or other nuts and oilseeds. Dry fruits are also a good option but must be consumed between the meals. You can also drink milkshakes such as cashew and fig milkshake. Fruit shakes topped with dry fruits are also helpful.
12. Some more calorie dense foods involve oils, fats, butter, sweets, jam, sugar and cream. You must consume these foods in a larger amount. You also have an option to consume all dairy products that provides protein and other nutrients accompanied with the fat in the diet. Remember not to have any junk or oily foods. This will help in gaining weight but once you are accustomed to the bad habit of eating such foods afterwards it will be difficult for you to eliminate it from your diet.
13. Regular workouts do not only help in losing weight but also helps to increase your muscle mass and tone your fat area in the body. It also helps in improving your body's composition and enhances your appetite.
14. One of the most effective tips to gain weight is to sleep for longer period.