Arthritis is affecting a lot of people and it can take numerous forms. Causes can differ depending on the type of arthritis you have. The most common ones are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Patients have a hard time in coping with this disease because it totally chances their lives as it doesn't allow them to carry on their daily activities. This being the case they are in a constant search of effective arthritis remedies that can reduce their pain, eliminate inflammation or slow down the damage of the cartilages. Finding the best arthritis remedies is not always easy, but one thing is certain. It is highly recommended to go for natural or herbal remedies than to use artificial drugs for coping with the disease.
There is a wide variety of arthritis remedies available and some of them are listed below. Find the one that best works for you and use it with confidence.
1. A diet containing anti-inflammatory nutrients is best for the sufferers. Consume juices made of cherries, carrots, parsley, cucumber, celery, radish, garlic or potatoes.
2. Use essential oils for massaging the painful joints. Certain oils like olive oil, ginger oil or almond oil have an analgesic effect and reduce the pain. Essential oils should never be used internally.
3. There are plenty of herbs having a good effect on patients with arthritis because of their action. Herbs should be chosen depending on what caused the disease. Alfalfa tea for instance contains a high amount of minerals which is proven to improve the health of joints. Other herbs like angelica have anti-inflammatory properties.
4. Make an infusion of black cohosh, angelica, gentian root, Colombo, valerian, rue and scull cap and drink half a cup daily. The herbs have various properties and if combined they produce beneficial results.
5. Boswelia can be easily compared with the anti-inflammatory drugs because its action is very powerful. The best part is that, unlike medication, it doesn't lead to side effects and it doesn't irritate the stomach.
6. Hot baths with Epson salt also reduce the pain in arthritis. Compounds are absorbed through the skin if you rest in water for half an hour and make you feel better.
7. Red pepper contains capsaicin and this is a powerful analgesic because it stimulates the production of endorphins in the body.
8. Supplements containing minerals and fatty acids are good to be taken because arthritis can be the result of insufficient nutrients in the body.