People tormented by arthritis are often scared about taking a lot of pills or, even worse, about undergoing a surgery. Fortunately, herbs are the base of modern medicine and they have miraculous properties. When it comes to arthritis herbs, you would be surprised to find out how many of them contain more that just one anti-inflammatory substance. They reduce the pain that arthritis sufferers feel and slow down the disease. Artificial pills, if used for a longer period of time, can have serious side effects, including the damaging of the stomach. This is not the case with arthritis herbs.
Although there are plenty of arthritis herbs that you can use to find relief from this illness, here are the most renowned ones.
1. Ginger - It can be used internally, as tea, and externally, as a compress. It rapidly reduces swelling.
2. Licorice - It has been a traditional remedy for inflammations of all kinds because its action is similar to that of cortisone.
3. Angelica - The number of anti-inflammatory substances it contains clearly recommends it in arthritis. Besides, it also contains compounds that relax the muscles.
4. Arnica - This can only be used externally, to reduce the swelling.
5. Rosemary - The tea made of this herb has four anti-inflammatory substances that efficiently fight the pain in arthritis.
6. Turmeric - It is widely used in the Indian medicine and it seems to have properties for treating a lot of diseases. The anti-inflammatory compounds are found in curcumin, the yellow pigment of turmeric.
7. Oregano - It contains antioxidants. This means that it fights the free radicals that are damaging our body's cells and lead to arthritis.
8. Alfalfa - It is widely known when it comes to arthritis herbs. It is best to be used as tea because this is believed to be more efficient that the powder.
9. Black cohosh - It is efficient in arthritis because it contains salicylic acid, a compounds usually found in anti-inflammatory and anti-spastic pills.
10. Wintergreen - Although this herb contains a high amount of analgesic substances, it is one of the few that requires caution in using it. If essential oil is applied on the skin it can became toxic, so it is recommended to use dried wintergreen.
11. Celery - Over 25 anti-inflammatory substances are found in celery. It is easy to use for treating arthritis because all you have to do is to include it in your diet in amounts as high as possible. It can either be raw or cooked.